Wednesday 4 June 2014

Ladybird Nails


Above shows the final look I've created, a ladybird zig zag design!


Starting with Ciate Mistress I applied one coat to my nails.


I made sure to leave the middle finger as the zig zag design will be going onto that nail.


The first coat is very thin and another layer will need to be applied. 


After that I applied Barry M white coat to the middle finger. 


Above shows the first coat! Again, this needs another layer on top as the white coat is too thin with just the one layer. 



Above shows two coats applied to the white nail! Giving it a much better look.


I've chosen to use the above brush from the set shown below. 


I've chosen to use that brush as it's easy to work with and will work best when creating the top of the ladybird. 


Using Black Barry M, I dipped the brush into the pot and gradually bit by bit created a round semi circle for the face of the ladybird. 



I then repeated this step on the rest of the nails. Excluding the white middle finger.


I then needed to create the wings by doing a straight line from the black semi circle to the base of the nail.


Using my second brush, a very straight brush. I dipped this into the black nail polish and drew a straight neat line.



I then applied the dots to the nails using the below dotting tool.


I dipped the brush in the black and applied dots in a variety of places. 


Now for the eyes!


Using the same clean dotting tool I then applied larger white dots to create the eyes of the ladybird, as shown above!


I then applied small black dots to the white part of the eyes. Stickers can be bought here!


Using the above zig zag labels I then applied these to the middle white finger. 



It's important to make sure they're stuck on correctly. I then applied a black coat covering the stickers.


I then peeled off the stickers instantly. And below is the finished look after being touched up with a cotton bud.



🐞


No comments:

Post a Comment